Friday 9 December 2011

The Invisible War - Sundance

In the past week or so the Sundance Film Festival has announced the films and documentaries that will be screened in Utah in January 2012. I have kept a keen eye out on movies or documentaries that I have high hopes for. In the documentary competition section The Invisible War stood out to me.

The Invisible War is directed by Oscar nominee Kirby Dick and deals with the epidemic of rape of soldiers in the U.S. military. Just from the preview I can see that this film will be shedding light on some shocking information that I am sure the powers that be would rather have been kept hidden.

I am disgusted to say the least and hope that this film will help bring the necessary change.





"I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose."
John F. Kennedy would not be so pleased with the "moral restraint" his military seems unable to possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment